Friday, May 23, 2014

Water everywhere

I began putting a water dish in Figment's cage about 4 days ago.  He has since seen it as little more than a glorified place to poop.  Until today!  I hear flapping in the cage while I'm sitting at my desk and worried maybe he got stuck somehow (not that I can think of a way he could) I turned to see him taking a bath in his water dish!  He also went back to his cage this morning upon being asked "are you ready to go back?"
I had clearly underestimated the intelligence of a starling, and will likely continue to do so.  Just when I think there's no way he can figure a certain thing out, he shows me how it's done! Also, he has adopted a flock in the house...a flock of parrot figures and an eagle!  He has some big dreams!
Perhaps he's crushing on that macaw?

Figment also is approximately 4 weeks old as of yesterday (judging by some day by day pictures I was able to locate on StarlingTalk)

No comments:

Post a Comment